Letter: Where were Farmington’s senior athletes Sunday?
Alan Lubke, San Bruno, Calif.,
Published Thursday, May 07, 2009

To the editor,

As a former student athlete and an invited guest I looked forward to attending Sunday night's Farmington Senior High School Athletic Banquet and Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It was a grand affair, highlighted by the induction to the hall of fame of Earl Wetzel, former FHS football coach.

My disappointment was in the attendance of the honorees, the class of 2009 Farmington senior athletes. Of the 143 invited student athletes, only 50 (35 percent) showed up. Where were you, the other 65 percent?

My hope for you is that when someone, or a group such as the Farmington Lion's Club, invites you to an event held in your honor that you show up.

Your absence last night gets a mark of "F" in my book.

Alan Lubke

San Bruno, Calif.

http://www.farmingtonindependent.com/articles/index.cfm?id=11526&section=Opinion

2009 Farmington High School Senior Athletics Banquet
and 18th Annual Induction of Hall of Fame Members
Presented by
FHS Athletics Department

Sunday, May 3, 2009 - 6:00 p.m.
Farmington High School

FYI:

The name of the Farmington High School Athletic Director is: Jonathan Summer, (651) 460-1415, jsummer@farmington.k12.mn.us, jsummer@farmington.k12.mn.us

The name and email address of the Editor of the Farmington Independent is Nathan Hansen, editor1@farmingtonindependent.com, editor1@farmingtonindependent.com

The Web link for the FHS Athletic Department is: http://www.farmington.k12.mn.us/district/activities/athletics/athleticshome.htm

To find this page again, go to www.ojlubke.com
Under the SUPER INDEX, look under "A" for "Athletic Banquet, Farmington Senior High School"