Photo and information on this page is courtesy of David Schreier and
the Dakota County Historical Society.
Caption reads: Jefferson Hotel and
Residential Street, Farmington, Minn.
|The Jefferson Hotel opened in Farmington in conjunction
with Sanford Hospital in February, 1925. The hotel was a part of
the Sanford Hospital complex. The hotel was named after the Jefferson
Highway, which became the Jefferson Memorial Highway, then State Highway
No. 1, then State Highway 218, and finally Trunk Highway 3. The hotel
ceased to exist when the hospital expanded and took its rooms.
Find this page again at the web site, www.ojlubke.com
Click on the BIG YELLOW SUPER INDEX